When it's Hopeless
- Have you ever woken up and realized that you have nothing to look forward to in your day?
- Have you ever laid in your bed at night and realized that you're unhappy and your life doesn't seem to be getting better anytime soon?
- Have you ever looked at the news and wondered if there is any hope for our future?
Maybe this seems pessimistic, but I would be so bold as to guess that every single person who is reading this blog can relate to one of the questions above. Let me be clear, there is absolutely nothing wrong with asking these questions, what matters is how you respond to them.
So how should we respond to terrible thoughts that seem to come back time and time again?
I was driving in my car yesterday when a song called, "Wasteland" came on. I've listened to this at least 50 times over the past couple years but yesterday it seemed to hit me hard. Here is the Chorus:
- If there is any hope of restoration, we believe it.
- If there is any hope of reconciliation, we run after it.
- If there is any hope of resurrection, we affirm it.
We are people of hope. We believe the best is yet to come, even when we don't see it ourselves. If there is ANY ounce of light, we speak about it, we walk in it, we think about it, and we believe in it. Don't let yourself get weighed down by the hopeless thoughts that can so easily consume; instead, let's hope, even to a fault.